Sunday, November 22, 2009

Colour in my Life



I chose Yellow because as a child, yellow was my favorite colour. That is why I set up a festive happy looking dish of ice-cream, trimmed with yellow candy, sitting on a yellow daisy background. Yellow is cheerful, happy, and festive.
When I chose Red I wanted to photograph a big red sporty Hummer. But when I drove down to the dealership where the Hummers used to sit, I realized their absence was because Hummer was recently sold overseas to China. So I located a big red powerful sports car to photograph. This car emits hot powerful Red exhaust! Okay, a bit of hot air, but Red is powerful! Next I chose Blue. I find water to be serene, calm and generally blue. I found this calmness outside my backdoor, down by the river behind my house. I just love the wilderness feeling I get when I walk down to the river, steps away from my computer, and the hustle and bustle of life. Then I chose Green, because it is so fresh and alive. The grass is green, trees are green ... trouble is we are into fall now, and evergreen scrubs are some of the few green things left until spring rolls around. I managed to locate a scrub green enough to photograph. For Harmonious Colour Relationship I chose a beautiful Yellow/Orange and Red sunset I captured off Waverly, behind the Humane Society Parking Lot, along a strip of hydro towers. It was rush hour and I had a hard time finding a parking spot in time to walk across the field in order to catch the sun just as it was setting. These warm colours blended so beautifully, so vibrantly, they made me feel so good that I was alive to witness their beauty! I chose Red and Green for my Complimentary Colour Relationship. The logo on the front of the nearby Canadian Tire Store reminded me of the red and green of the christmas season, sort of. The leaf comes from a tree and the logo looks like an inverted christmas tree. Besides, I like Christmas and I like Canadian Tire, so it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment