Sunday, October 4, 2009

Frame within a Frame


The clear beveled pane within the stained glass door that leads from our bathroom into our bedroom has always brought a smile to me. By looking through the pane I can see beyond the window into the backyard that overlooks the river. The bevel edges turn the scene into a magical image, depending on the season. Today I see large green leafed branches waving in the wind. I chose this scene to create my Frame within a Frame board assignment. I thought the hard part was just finding the right image ... not so! Dare I say I took 114 images to get the one I was content with. Along the way it was too dark, too light, lacked depth, and so on. I say content with some limitations. If only I had a lenses that would have shown the bevel image more clearer, if only I could have controlled the suspended stained glass panel without using dark threads ... they show! The branches waved in the wind outside and the glass panel twisted and twirled inside. It was like trying to line a group of children up for a class photo. But, finally I got the image I felt content with.

1 comment: