Thursday, October 8, 2009

Monochrome


Today I achieved satisfactory results shooting monochrome on my DSLR for the upcoming board assignment . I had wanted to reshoot a flower I had shot earlier, that had resulted in blurry, flat results. I made some adjustments to some settings (hoping I would be able to remember to set them back again later). I then went outside, set up my tripod and camera, then just as I began shooting the flower, the rain began. Back into the house I went. Backup plan: shoot some grapes and leaves on the deck, from inside the wide open deck door. After shooting dozens of shots I dropped them into LR, took the chosen one to Don's Photo on Main Street. Yes, I had to pay the premium to have the monochrome 8 by 10 rushed so I could have it by tomorrow, the last day possible in order to put it up first thing Tuesday morning. I wanted to see how Don's monochrome black and white process turned out, in preparation for the first BIG assignment due early November. No, I didn't leave this assignment to the last minute, we got it assigned yesterday afternoon, I was already too late for Don's non-premium price at that point. So far I have sent one colour board assignment to Dons and a second one printed at Shoppers in less than half an hour. Now I want to see what a true monochrome print looks like. Here is the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment